Saturday, September 19, 2009

Writing From The Darkness

I believe the author of "Writing from the Darkness" has had a deeply troubled childhood based on the underlying themes of depression and suicide throughout the before mentioned chapter. The structural and mental overview of their families simple view points created the perfect intellectual prison for her evolving, young mind's, addiction to writing, language, communication, and self discovery. It seemed to me that the more the author experienced the spiritual joys of writing, along with the encompassing emotions harvested by their negativity, the stronger her prison became. The inevitable paradoxes leading to her soul's personal torment grew between the love of creation and the shackles of confinement, between happiness and depression, and a reason to continue living while denying the temptation of the painless release in the darkness of death itself.
The irony, I found in the writer's own words, was her desire to write created enough of a love of life to survive all of her self-binding conflicts. The admiration I feel for her being able to write freely in her diaries throughout her childhood is an advantage I wish I had experienced in my own youth. I found her writing style to be reader friendly with a steady tempo, or pace, attesting to the timeless pursuit of a craft nurtured by a souls deepest desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment